Re: [g-a-devel]Support for Color in ATK

>So, we have to decide if the less-than-complete foreground/background color
>info gives us enough of what we need for the cases above where Role/State
>aren't sufficient; or whether we should instead focus our efforts on getting
>developers to follow Role/State (and other) accessibility guidelines.
>
>Perhaps in this instance the latter investment is the right one for now...

I would propose that we wait and see, for many reasons, before adding color API
to Gnome Accessibility (which is supposedly API frozen at this time).  Time and
the porting of applications may ultimately determine the need for such an API or
the relative lack thereof... but I don't think that the appropriateness is
apparent now.  We can certainly keep it in mind as a potential API addition or
extension in the future.

In the case of text, we can if need be support color information via the
existing attribute API (though we would prefer that the attribute information be
more semantically meaningful) if we encounter cases where color information is
not redundant with other types of attribution.  However as Peter points out, for
other types of visuals we can't reliably get color information from "background"
or "foreground" since most gnome UI elements (which are not already completely
specified by the theme/state information) are multicolored, pixmap-based, or are
icons of some sort.

-Bill