[no subject]

* low-vision user: magnifier receives focus event from dialog when it
pops up.
   (text caret tracking not necessary 'cause, hey, it doesn't echo ;-)

* blind user: verbal prompt occurs when dialog pops up (this would
normally
   happen if the focus event were fired as above, and a screenreader
were in use)

* user of virtual/onscreen keyboard: virtual keyboard pops to front when
   dialog pops up (but preferably so as not to obscure the dialog).

It seems that these could possibly be accomplished without using GTK+
widgets, only a very small subset of the ATK interfaces/behaviors are
required.

For normal login we have some initial coverage: for instance with one of
the
talking/brailling kernels installed a blind user can login from the
shell.  There
are still some bootstrapping issues regarding things like the virtual
keyboard,
etc. which are "user" settings and only installed on login, but that's a
different discussion I think.

Regards,

-Bill