Re: [g-a-devel]Gnopernicus Performance Issues

Hi Marc, Hi All,

On Thursday 28 February 2002 10:38, Marc Mulcahy wrote:

> 3. Gnopernicus seems to be very slow in responding to keystrokes and at-spi
> events (more than half a second on my P4 1.7 GHZ.).  Any ideas where these
> performance problems may be coming from?  Note that my small test
> application called Chatterbox doesn't seem to have these issues.

I want just to tell what is happening with keys. As Draghi said in an earlier
mail about keyboard echo, there are three modes of functioning:
	1. Letter: the SR will respond instantly when you press a key
	2. Word: the SR will respond only when you finish a word (by pressing a word
delimiter, a white space char for example)
	3. Auto: the SR try to detect which mode to use by looking at the speed of
your typing. If you type slowly then use the letter mode, if fast then the
word mode.

As default, the mode is set to auto, this means that there is a waiting
period for detecting, which mode to use. This time interval for detection you
will be able to set later in Gnopi, but it's not implemented yet. Also you
can change the working mode in Gnopi (implemented).

Kind regards,

	Jules