[g-a-devel]Re: PrinterApplet-Accessibility

Hi,

> Will this be sufficient?
>
> Will an AT be able to report information so that, say, a blind user will
> be able
> to figure out that it is a printer applet?
> >
> > Hi All,
> >      Inviting your comments
> > The applet has a GTKDrawingArea,
> > AtkImage Interface has to be provided for the "GtkDrawingArea" widget, since
> > the "printer image" is drawn on the drawing area created by this widget. The
> > Printer Image (print.xpm) is drawn on this drawing area by gdk_draw_pixmap.

A few more thoughs on the above

+ I think the tooltip for the print button is taken from the text that
appears in the button. This text can be modified in the properties box.
The same(tooltip's text) can be used by the AT as the Applet
Description, so the Accessible name and Accessible Descriptioon need not
be set here. (?)

+ The properties box has two GtkEntry widgets. I think a call to
gtk_label_set_mnemonic_widget() will set the relation.

+ As Parag has mentioned I agree that an AtkImage interface is requered
to get the co-ordinates & size.

+ Should a description for GtkDrawingArea be set to something like "Drag
and drop the files you want to print here" or something better :). So a
person would know that files could be dropped here for printing.

+ It is possible to right click on the print button. Is an AtkAction
Interface required here ?

Please comment on the above.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj.