Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for GnomeCharmap

Hi,

I would regard the gnome status bar (GnomeAppBar) as either accessible or easy
to make accessible. In general, if not in this application, there will probably
be a requirement for GnomeAppBar to be accessible. The GnomeAppBar has a child
(GtkFrame) which has a child which is a GtkLabel. The text of the GrkLabel is
the text which is displayed in the status bar.

One might consider implementing accessibility for GnomeAppBar in a similar way
as for GtkStatus, i.e. set role to ATK_ROLE_STATUSBAR, report no children and
its name as the text on the label; when the text on the label changes report a
change in accessible-name.

As you suggest, you could specify the text which appears in the status bar for a
button as the tooltip for the button. This will increase the size of the
application as a tooltip must be stored for each button.

Padraig