Re: [g-a-devel] AtkInterfaces for gnome-about

> > (1) Should I override the parent's AtkObject interface ? In
> the case of
> > GtkDrawingArea, it's GailWidget.
> >

> It is GailWidget because we have not yet found anything
> interesting about
> GtkDrawingArea to justify implementing a GailDrawingArea in
> the gail library.

Am outlining my implementation approach; would help if you could
validate the same.

Because the widget doesn't gain focus, I plan to set the atk object in
the following manner:

1) In main function, check if gail is loaded
2) If loaded, invoke gtk_widget_get_accessible, passing widget id of the
GtkDrawingArea
3) This would return me the parent (GailWidget) object - pobj
4) Set pobj's atk_object_set_name to "List of contributors' names"
5) Also set pobj's atk_object_get_n_children to ZERO so the AT knows
there's no other info to traverse down for this object.

> > (2) If not, I will have to create a new Atk object for this widget and expose the information through it.

> One could implement, say, a GailDrawingArea in gnome-about whose name is the list of contributors' names. In gnome-about, you would have
> to override the get_accessible method in the GtkWidgetClass structure for GtkDrawingArea to ensure that the correct type of object is reated > when gtk_widget_get_accessible() is called for the GtkDrawingArea

Does this mean that you would concatenate all the contributors' names
and pass it to atk_object_set_name ?

In which case, I could as well do the above (concatenation of strings)
for the first approach too, right ? But this would mean that, somehow,
the AT is informed as to what delimits each names ??

Could I do the same for the gnome logo that appears in the canvas area .
i.e. set the name and description, using atk_object_set_name /
description. In which case a screen reader or a magnifier would not be
able to get the position or co-ordinates of the image.

Thanks,
Deepa.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.