Re: [g-a-devel]AtkObject Life Cycle

Hi Marc,

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 18:15, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> How does it ensure that the AtkObjects get destroyed?

	It seems Bill's answer boils down to

	"the widget holds a cached ref, so just do the set_name and
	  unref and it'll be ok"

	which seems fair; more interesting is:

> Refcounting is more straightforward when the assistive
> technology invokes the creation of accessibles, but seems a bit more merky
> when the applications themselves create them.

	I wonder what happens when you start doing this atk_whatever_set_name
etc. when the gail module has not been loaded; ie. what accessible do
you get back from the factory, what if accessibility is suddenly
switched on subsequently.

	It seems there's no way around that issue (?)