Re: [g-a-devel]Implementing support for state sets in at-spi

Hmmm, sounds about right.  Looks like an API change though...

Marc

At 10:33 AM 2/11/2002 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Marc,

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 05:23, Marc Mulcahy wrote:
> Any thoughts on how to best implement state sets in the at-spi?

        I imagine you'll need to provide a structure to allow the passing of
state across the CORBA divide. ie. a CORBA sequence that contains the
states [ I imagine ], or some numeric value - depending on how it works;
I forget.

>  Functions
> like contains aren't difficult, but functions comparing two state sets,
> such as compare, and isEqual look non-trivial. In the case of isEqual, the
> AtkStateSet would only be available for the stateset on which isequal is
> called, since it can be retrieved with get_state_set_from_servant ().  The
> stateset to be compared is passed in as an Accessibility_StateSet, and
> there appears to be no way to retrieve the AtkStateSet from an
> Accessibility_StateSet.

        There is a way to get an AtkStateSet from an Accessibility_StateSet
via.

        bonobo_object (ORBit_get_servant (the_corba_stateset))

        _BUT_ this is never going to work in the remote case - and since the
whole stateset API is most useful remotely - it's not going to help at
all to have a pure local case hack in there [ although for performance
it might well be worth having a shortcut like that ].

        So - I imagine you need some IDL method or other to marshal the thing
to a sequence of some semi-private type, and then you'll need to compare
them in isEqual.

        How does that sound ?