Re: [g-a-devel]Making GnomeIconList accessible

Hi Federico,

I looked at this some time ago, and attempted to partially solve it by implementing libgnomecanvas support, which turned out not to be the right answer...

My enalysis was that an AtkObject implemented on behalf of GnomeIconList (AccessibleIconList) would implement two interfaces, AtkComponent and AtkSelection. It can inherit the AtkComponent interface from GailWidget (see examples in libzvt and gtkhtml2 head). It could implement AtkSelection relatively easily, GnomeIconList seemed to contain all the necessary API to get the relevant information.

The libgnomecanvas support which I implemented exposes all the items contained on the GnomeCanvas of the icon list-- I.E. two for each icon (the text and the pixbuf). (actually I don't think the icon list uses GnomeCanvasText anymore, so, one of the two children of each icon is probably an unknown object from an accessibility perspective)

So, I think the right answer is to provide implementations for get_n_children and ref_accessible_child for AccessibleIconList.

\A second AtkObject would need to be implemented on behalf of the icons themselves (the children of GnomeIconList). It was my assessment that this AtkObject would have to implement AtkText and AtkImage.

Marc