[g-a-devel]at-spi text API patch for 100944, as previously discussed.

Hi:

I attach a patch which provides and implements the new API for at-spi
for use in screen review mode, which should dramatically reduce the
CORBA traffic required to do "flat" screen-review.

Glynn and Murray have previously approved the API 'in principle' but I
am giving them one more chance to recant if they feel the need. :-)
However I very much hope that they do not, as otherwise gnopernicus and
other AT clients will have to do a version check and implement a less
efficient codepath on gnome 2.2 versus, say, 2.4

Since I am going offline for over a week starting tomorrow, time is of
the essence here; apologies for pressing for such quick feedback, but I
think we cannot wait any longer if this is to make 2.2.

thanks

Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>