Re: [g-a-devel]Questions about accessibility

Bill:

Regarding gok...

> The generated keys are synthesized with XTest, so they are sent to the
> currently active window.  If for instance a terminal window is focussed,
> the gok events go there.
>
> I suggest you try running gok with "dwell" selection on (see "settings",
> and choose the "dwell" input method), to get familiar with how it
> works.  If GOK itself is focussed (which shouldn't happen, this is a
> known bug) then the key events go to gok rather than another
> application, which of course is less than useful.

Actually I can't get GOK to *not* be focused when I click on a key in
GOK.  Is there a trick or a setting to make GOK keep other programs
in focus, or do I need to have a certain preferences setting in order
to keep focus away from GOK?

Brian