Re: [g-a-devel]gnome-mag patch take 2

Hi David,

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 13:05, David Bolter wrote:
> i'm not clear on this namespacing issue in a C context -- is it a matter
> of prefixing functions?  should we also have "registered" a namespace
> for the gok module?  or are we talking specifically about idls (for
> shared libraries)?

	This is mostly for the CORBA infrastructure, where it's most important
to have namespacing, since it's so un-constrained. In a single process
world, it's somewhat easier - you have control of all your symbols and
things that are linked in so there are few problems.

	It is of course good style to namespace stuff anyway, typically methods
/ macros / types of application scope would have a gok_ / GOK_ / Gok
prefix, but for module internals this is not usually neccessary.

	HTH,