Re: [g-a-devel]Re: Clarification on GtkTextView keynav.

Calum Benson wrote:

> Anyone else have any views on this?  Is there some selection subtlety
> I'm missing that makes one approach better than the other?  Whichever of
> the two we choose, I think that the consistency needs to be maintained
> between Ctrl+Left/Right and Ctrl+Up/Down, though.

FWIW, I just did a bit more research here, and the Macintosh also uses
the scheme I suggested for Ctrl+Right/Down (move to end of
word/paragraph), whereas Windows prefers to move the cursor to the
beginning of the next word/paragraph".

Experience would suggest that if the Macintosh does it, then at the very
least it's probably Not Such a Bad Thing  :o)  So I stand by my original
proposal, unless there are any problems with it that I'm missing in my
current jet-lagged state...

Cheeri,
Calum.