Re: [g-a-devel]Clarification on gtkoptionmenu keynav.

Owen Taylor wrote:

> The option menu popup is a menu. I see no reasonm it should have
> different key bindings from other menus. Whether all menus should have
> Home/End as a shortcut, is up to the key binding specification.
>
> I've Cc'ed Calum here to ask:
>
>  - If there is any good reason the option menu popups should be different
>    from other menus.
>
>  - If not, which entry in the key binding table is correct.

Regarding Home/End keynav for gtkoptionmenu, earlier I had a discussion
with Calum. If I understood it correctly, he was also OK with having
Home/End keynav for all kinds manus. The only concern he raised was
about
the ability to have Home/End dynamic key assignment for the menus.

Please have a look at the mail:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-devel/2002-March/msg00354.html

> > b) User can assign Home/End keys as dynamic key shorts. In that case,
> >    Home/End keynav should be disabled for the menus. In gtkmenu the
> >    property "gtk-can-change-accels" is defined. How do I dynamically
> >    verify whether this property is defined for any kind of menu.??
>
> Key bindings are checked before the "dynamic accelerator assignment
> code" in gtk_menu_key_press(), so I don't think any special checking
> is necessary.
>
> The handling of the key bindings is:
>
>   if (GTK_WIDGET_CLASS (parent_class)->key_press_event (widget, event))
>     return TRUE;

Regards,
Narayana.
Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.