How to install Gnome 2.0 ?

Hey all,

I've downloaded the rpm's for SuSE 8, and have tried the following commands:

rpm -Uvh gtk*.rpm *.rpm
rpm -Uvh --force gtk*.rpm *.rpm
rpm -i --force gtk*.rpm *.rpm
rpm -i --force *.rpm

No matter WHAT I do, when I login again, it's still Gnome 1.4. What do I need to do more ? I thought the rpm's would ensure some form of automatic installation etc. But I
guess not.

Oh, and if anyone from the Gnome team is reading this: Why isn't there some kind of installation guide on YOUR site ? And why isn't there one for people who wants to compile their own Gnome, and one for installing the RPM's ? It REALLY stinks that there's no official info/guide. Sure, there's your FAQ, but what's in there on installing Gnome 2.0 for a Linux n00b like me, is utterly useless. In fact I'd say it's pretty much
useless, period.

Anyway, if some nice guy would help me out on this, I'd be really grateful. I'd like to try Gnome 2.0, but somehow installing this piece of software just isn't supposed to be
easy at all...

Jacob