Re: Gnome 2 Alpha release: GConf 1.1.1 build fails

Jens Finke <jens triq net> writes:

> I had to patch the Gconf-1.1.1 package in order to get it build with the
> rest of the Gnome 2 alpha release. Especially it should search for the
> orbit-idl-2 compiler. The other thing is a simple typo.
>
> AFAICS these issues are both fixed in CVS so maybe you can make a new
> release for the GNOME 2 alpha?

Thanks for the reminder. The bad thing is that GConf doesn't work
correctly in parallel install at the moment, see my post to
gnome-components-list/orbit-list. I can release with the orbit-idl-2
Makefile fix and at least it will compile. I have huge outstanding
patches to both stable and unstable though to make it work, that won't
make this release I guess.

Havoc