Re: gnome-core status summary

On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 07:11, John Fleck wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 08:09:46PM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 04:49:44PM -0400, jacob berkman wrote:
> > >
> > > gnome-core/help-browser/
> > >
> > > 	we have a new help browser, right?
> >
> > Nautils is, by default, the new help browser. The new help API is
> > being done such that users who think Nautilus is too heavy can choose
> > another help browser. Possible browsers that either have or are
> > considering adding support for the GNOME help uri's are Galeon,
> > Encompass and DevHelp.
>
> Also in that directory, however, is some stuff we may want to keep -
> the info-to-html and man-to-html converters. Currently that code is
> duplicated in Nautilus, along with the docbook-to-html converter. If
> we are going to make the help API available to browsers other than
> Nautilus, it might make sense to move all of that into gnome-core in
> this directory.

I don't think they're strictly duplicated, because the ones in nautilus
don't work like the ones in the old help browser.  For example, nautilus
renders info documents as a single html page, rather than as many small
pages.  Info documents are huge, and this can take 5+ seconds to render
using Mozilla.

I'm all for moving the docbook to html converter out of nautilus into
some common location.
	Greg