Re: Another suggested libgnome API change
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: George <jirka 5z com>
- Cc: gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Another suggested libgnome API change
- Date: 04 Sep 2001 02:03:49 -0400
George <jirka 5z com> writes:
> I'm now leaning back towards just keeping the gnome-exec like functions,
> those really were a lot simpler.
If you want to run in a shell. gspawn doesn't support that
specifically because it is normally wrong for security reasons. The
run dialog is one of the few exceptions. We could add the flag
G_SPAWN_WITH_USER_SHELL, of course.
Which brings up the point, we need to specify whether .desktop files
Exec= is supposed to be run via a shell. I believe the answer is no.
] [Thread Prev