Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Joe Shaw <joe ximian com>, George <jirka 5z com>, Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 00:31:48 -0700
On 29Aug2001 10:45PM (-0400), Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Joe Shaw <joe ximian com> writes:
> > Seriously, though, the bonobo-config stuff doesn't add any API because
> > it's all done via monikers and the propertybag interface that we're
> > already committed to. I suppose there's a decent chance all of that
> > stuff might not meet our needs at some point in the future, too, but
> > then we're talking about more or less completely redoing the platform
> > (again).... At what point do you draw the line?
> <random aside>
> I've seen this repeated several times - I would like to point out that
> if you have a string that you parse, it still constitutes an API.
Thanks for your very lucid explanation if this point (omitted). I
couldn't agree more.
] [Thread Prev