Re: gnome-vfs API freeze items

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:

> * 8516 - [API] GClosure-ize everything
>      Note: I'm told this is critical for binding authors but I don't
>      really know the details of what it is, how to do it, or how much
>      work it would be.

This actually needs to happen to all libraries in GNOME.  I think it
would be good to have an API review to see if any API's are
inappropriate for LBs.

> * 8544 - [API] add thumbnail support
>      Note: I would personally make this a 2.2 item, but Lutz seems to
>      want it. It will almost certainly end up 2.2 unless Lutz steps up
>      to the plate with some code soon. :-)

I thought the thumbnail spec being worked on just listed a place where
you could find thumbnails.  I don't see why we need special support in
GNOME-vfs for it?

> * 8515 - [API] kill gnome-vfs-transform
>     Rationale: Nothing uses this, as far as I know. Removal is
>     relatively easy compared to adding. Technically incompatible so
>     cannot be 2.2.

Are we going to be able to ship it with a bunch of alternate uri schemes
without this?  We really need to get gnome-bugs:%s working.

Thanks,
-Jonathan