Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/13

[ Apologies all, I've been underpaid. I mean overworked. Let's just leave it
at 'busy'. ;) Sanity has returned however. Tonight's minutes will be sent
out far earlier than these. ]

Minutes of the GNOME 2.0 Release Team Meeting - 2001/10/20

Present:

  John Fleck
  Jamin P. Gray
  Telsa Gwynne
  Gregory Leblanc
  Sander Vesik
  Jeff Waugh (chair, minutes)

Regrets or Missing:

  Karl Gaffney
  Jody Goldberg
  Kjartan Maraas
  Michael Meeks
  Seth Nickell
  Maciej Stachowiak

Previous Actions
================

  PENDING: Telsa's bugzilla documentation & MUSTFIX guide
   => depends on builders letting telsa's boxen have electricity

  PENDING: Jeff to bug hackers about features. And document them (which is the
    real distinction here).
   => bugging hackers is hard, more bugging required

  PENDING: Maciej to post about area coordinators MUSTFIX responsibilities

  STRUCK: Maciej to post schedule reasoning, preferably with feature list
    provided by Jeff
   => telsa diplomacy says 'probably not a good idea' on the reasoning thing (a
      bit after its time, really)

  DONE: Jeff to contact Aaron re: TODO list
   => emailed, keep missing each other on irc, will be using it as a base for
      planned/complete feature list on website

Actions
=======

  ACTION: Sander to sort through discussions and post almost-final core apps
    list on Monday

  ACTION: Jeff to post reminder for platform alpha 2 release

  ACTION: John to find out porting guide status from Malcolm

Decisions & Discussions
=======================

* General status

  - Telsa recommends Kevin Lyda's pester script for everyone having trouble
	getting hackers to provide info or get involved:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2000-August/msg00368.html

* Critical bugs process update

  - Still pending due to builders at Telsa's
  - Should be as simple as possible for hackers (some don't grok bugzilla)
  - Telsa thinks milestone, others think keyword
  - What about confirmation?
  - We query for pleasefix, change to mustfix?

* Area coordinator bug lists

  - More discussion on this when Maciej posts his email and intent

* Core release contents

  - Sander to sort through discussions about core apps + post list
  - Needs to be done by Monday due to release, etc

* Upcoming platform alpha 2 and API freeze

  - One + half week left, need an announcement for visibility
  - Jeff will send an email ASAP
  - Must push api changes, Oct 31st is essentially the last day as the release
	and API freeze are the same day
  - Release announcement email must be ready and agreed to before Nov 2nd
  - Greg will have Swedish and possibly UK ftp stuff organised
  - Should send nag mails about release, every couple of days

* More stuff wot should be on dot.plan?

  - Porting guide
  - Really need weekly updates on this, foster help from others and comments
  - 'Release early, release often' (sander!)
  - Provide tarballs, cvs, big release date highlights so hackers can track versioning
  - John to talk to Malcolm about aggressive releasing
  - TODO/feature list as discussed before

- Jeff

--
   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza