Re: new build order

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 21:19, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Phlip <pplumlee celterra com> writes:
>
> > On Wednesday 24 October 2001 12:54, jacob berkman wrote:
> > > i did some dependency changes so a new gnome-core deps build order from
> > > a clean Red Hat 7.1 install should be:
> > >
> > >     libtool automake autoconf pkgconfig audiofile esound gtk-doc glib
> > >     linc fam-oss atk gnome-common pango libIDL ORBit2 gnome-xml gconf
> > >     xml-i18n-tools bonobo-activation gtk+ libzvt libbonobo gnome-vfs
> > >     libglade libart_lgpl libgnome libgnomecanvas libbonoboui libgnomeui
> > >
> > > i hope someone finds this useful (they are cvs module names for gnome
> > > cvs packages)
> >
> > Whenever I try vicious-build-scripts -> head (or -> release) gtk+ gives
> > obnoxious error messages regarding gdk-pixbuf.
>
> gdk-pixbuf is _part_ of GTK+. Maybe you don't have libpng-devel/dev installed?

We talked about that on the mailing-list. (See my crummy patches a
little while earlier)

Phlip, just switch automake 1.5 for an automake 1.4 in the bootstrap
phase of the vicious-build-scripts. I didn't change it because I didn't
have time to test. Tell us how your platform compilation goes using a
1.4 version, and I'll update the scripts then.

Cheers