Re: gnome-utils porting report

On Mon, 2001-10-15 at 12:04, Calum Benson wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here comes the report:
>
> Good lad... I do hope you've been making gcalc, gdict, gsearchtool etc.
> accessible as you've been going along-- I'm sure billh will advise, but
> don't forget there's also a draft "how to make your apps accessible"
> guide for hackers, at
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/guide/gad/index.html.
>
> (I would suggest following the GNOME UI Styleguide as well, but that's
> probably a week or two away from being in a usable draft format,
> unfortunately...)

Thanks for pointing me to this documentation, Calum. I'm however going
to explain once again what I did:

1) build fixes
2) make
-> fixes all the warnings
-> start the app, see more warnings, fix
3) go to 2) if there are still problems

4) and 5) would be making the apps use non-deprecated widgets/apis, and
fixing UI/accessibility problems/issues.

I haven't yet started 4) and 5). If somebody wants to beautify, clean
up, make use of new functionalities, etc. feel free.

I'll get to the accessibility when it's actually time to.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net