On User Interface, again..

Hi all,
hope this time a got the right ones,

i'm using Gnome for quite a while now, and i like it. But, to be
honest,I don't know why i like it. Perhaps 'cause im like fantasy-stuff,
and keep imaging that little gnome working behind my windows.

I truely don't know. But what i know is, that is isn't because of
beautyness and the style of gnome. kde wins here, three thumbs up. when
i first heard sun's usability-project i jumped and expected major ui
changes for the next gnome. now i am afraid that these hopes were just
dreams.

People expect major changes for Gnome 2.0. These changes are here, for
the underlying libraries, for gtk, pango and so on. But from what i
heard until now, not for the UI.

I dont have much experience in programming. I can code c, i even
programed some gtk-applications and some stupid little sdl-games, but
thats it. I see gnome from a user-perspecive. and from this perspecive
gnome is a bis... well.. disappointing. gtkText and gtkTree will change.
But the new text-selector wont get into gnome 2.0 and all other things
(i'm a user, remeber. no develpoer) will stay as they are.
Don't do that. Don't disappoint the user base.

Now you can call me a lamer and a f** son of a bitch and tell me to lern
english instead of writing stupid mails.

You all made a good gnome, anyway.

Raphael Bosshard

ps. Gnome needs a mascot. Perhaps a gnome.

pps. To Steven Browne, Sun: Sorry for disturbing you... Won't happen
again. ;)