Re: how to store prefs/session data
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: gconf-list gnome org, gnomecc-list gnome org, gnome-2-0 <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: how to store prefs/session data
- Date: 10 Oct 2001 13:51:07 -0400
jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> would you say:
> preferences == global
> properties == per-instance
> that is what the panel currently has - global prefs and per-panel
> properties, and i think that distinction is what you are making here.
I think that's right for the panel, that the per-panel stuff is
per-session, so e.g. when you create a new blank session you would get
the default panel setup again. But "global preferences" would be kept
across all sessions.
I need to follow up to Maciej's mail though, not sure about all the
issues he raised yet.
(Reminds me of a UI issue - right-click menu on the panel should
probably have properties for the panel, that's what right click
usually does, right?)
] [Thread Prev