Re: how to store prefs/session data

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> would you say:
>
> 	preferences == global
> 	properties == per-instance
>
> that is what the panel currently has - global prefs and per-panel
> properties, and i think that distinction is what you are making here.

I think that's right for the panel, that the per-panel stuff is
per-session, so e.g. when you create a new blank session you would get
the default panel setup again. But "global preferences" would be kept
across all sessions.

I need to follow up to Maciej's mail though, not sure about all the
issues he raised yet.

(Reminds me of a UI issue - right-click menu on the panel should
probably have properties for the panel, that's what right click
usually does, right?)

Havoc