HTML widgets (was Re: control center 2.0)

Tr, 2001-10-10 12:24, Bill Haneman rašė:
> Seth Nickell wrote:
> >
> > > We can punt the GtkHTML shell for GNOME 2 if necessary, and just get
> > > the dialogs working, launched from Nautilus and panel menu. Then bring
> > > the shell back in 2.2 or 2.0.1 or something.
> >
> > I thought the plan was to move to Nautilus as the primary "shell"
> > interface anyway, with GtkHTML for the people who still hold out on
> > running nautilus ;-)
>
> Trouble is, gecko is totally inaccessible on *nix at this time, so we
> need an alternative for simple HTML content.

Launching Nautilus is not escape.... Nautilus at the moment uses Mozilla
for displaying help pages, web pages and whatever (it could be control
center capplets).

We won't port Mozilla to Gtk+2 I guess, so there should be alternative
component for displaying HTML -- either GtkHTML2, or GtkHTML port to
Gnome2. If no, we will be using both gtk+ libraries for core desktop, or
won't have a help browser.

The easiest way would be to write nautilus-view-gtkhtml2 component

--
Gediminas Paulauskas
Kaunas, Lithuania