Re: GnomeProgram in libgnome

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:
> Does anyone have an idea of what should be happening here?

<insert "init functions are evil" commentary>

If we have an init function that takes arguments, then it has to be
called once and only once, which is of course broken, but less broken
than allowing it to be called twice.

i.e. we should only call the function once, and it should create a
global singleton GnomeProgram at that time.

But init functions should only do things that really, fundamentally,
can be done only once; such as connect to the X display. All other
initialization should simply be done lazily/automatically on-demand.

Ideally we could kill gnome_program_init() and just have a
gnome_program_get(), in other words.

Havoc