Re: Gratious dependencies added to gnome-core

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 10:52:52PM -0500, Alex Larsson wrote:
> I just added a libwnck-based pager applet to gnome-core. This means that
> gnome-core now depends on libwnck. (It is in the libwnck module in gnome
> cvs.)

Whilst not wishing to question the quality of the libwnck code, is this
really a good idea? Until now, gnome-core has depended only on the
platform libraries and there was a metric truckload of discussions about
what went into that list and the support and stability requirements it
entails. So is making gnome-core depend upon a relatively untested
library a good idea or not?

(I'm really looking for a sense of how Alex or Havoc feel about the
code; if they both come and say it's fine and can be debugged in time
for the release, then I am happy ... but I don't get that feeling yet.)

Malcolm

--
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.