Re: GNOME 2 impressions

> Why's gnome-media looking for bonobo-config in the configure script when
> it doesn't use it?

It was going to use it, I just never got round to using it yet.

> Also, it doesn't use Bonobo for anything else, so it could just drop the
> Bonobo dependancy, use GConf, and let bonobo-config just die.

Bzzzt! A simple grep for bonobo in the code would have revealed:
CDDB-Slave is now a bonobo component. And no, I won't let bonobo-config
"just die", if I feel like using it, I will.

And I have plans to (at some point) write some media oriented Bonobo
controls. I see bonobo as a very important part of the whole gnome media
setup.

iain
--
Hope (n): The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a
future