Re: Status of gtkhtml(2)?

Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM> writes:
> But gtkhtml1 is an accessibility nightmare.  If there is any
> prospect of using gtkhtml2 in gnomecc instead then I would much
> prefer it.  Otherwise us accessibility folks may end up having to
> build an alternate based on gtkhtml2 anyway.

Don't know - I would expect that adding editing to gtkhtml2, along
with all the nice UI behavior and debugging done for gtkhtml1 during
the Evolution release process, would be a boatload of work. Adding
accessibility to gtkhtml1 may _also_ be a boatload of work, but to an
outsider with no clue, it's not obvious which boatload is larger. ;-)
There's also the issue of Pango and bidi and all that, which I guess
is an edge to gtkhtml2.

If Evolution doesn't move to gtkhtml2, don't you have to do
accessibility for gtkhtml1 in any case? I guess Evolution won't be
accessible until it ports to GTK 2 anyway, and who knows when that
will happen...

Sounds like you and Larry and Anders need to sit down and develop The
Plan.

Havoc