Re: API freeze for GNOME 2

On 15Nov2001 04:58PM (-0500), Michael Meeks wrote:

>         You do realize that the board resolution - as transmitted to me by
> authoritative hearsay on the release team list - includes not adding APIs.

It says nothing about not adding APIs. It says additions should be
reviewed.

>         So ... I suggest that you follow the release rules; only insofar
> as they concord with common sense.

The review process will apply common sense. If something in libxml has
little or no effect on GNOME but is needed for outside uses it should
not be blocked.

The goal is to make changes in a more controlled way, not to prevent
them entirely.

Regards,

Maciej