Re: API freeze for GNOME 2
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: API freeze for GNOME 2
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:18:05 -0800
On 15Nov2001 04:58PM (-0500), Michael Meeks wrote:
> You do realize that the board resolution - as transmitted to me by
> authoritative hearsay on the release team list - includes not adding APIs.
It says nothing about not adding APIs. It says additions should be
> So ... I suggest that you follow the release rules; only insofar
> as they concord with common sense.
The review process will apply common sense. If something in libxml has
little or no effect on GNOME but is needed for outside uses it should
not be blocked.
The goal is to make changes in a more controlled way, not to prevent
] [Thread Prev