Re: libgnomeui patch

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
> The goal is to catch these problems when building libgnomevfs. I think that
> the thing you propose would only catch problems later, when clients use
> gnome-vfs.

For example, in the module headers:

 #define GNOME_VFS_MODULE_HEADER_INCLUDED

In the regular headers:

 #ifdef GNOME_VFS_INSIDE_GNOME_VFS_BUILD
 #ifdef GNOME_VFS_MODULE_HEADER_INCLUDED
 #error "screwup"
 #endif
 #endif

In Makefile.am for libgnomevfs itself:

 -DGNOME_VFS_INSIDE_GNOME_VFS_BUILD

Then you probably have to always include the libgnomevfs headers
before the module headers inside gnome-vfs itself (this restriction is
the reason for GNOME_VFS_INSIDE_GNOME_VFS_BUILD, instead of just
categorically forbidding the module headers), but not a big deal.

Havoc