pkg-config idldir and Requires

pkg-config knows that Cflags need to be unioned between the package and all
other packages that it requires

We use --variable=idldir in a similar way, but because pkg-config doesn't
know what idldir is, you don't get the transitive dependencies. Thus I have
to know that including Bonobo.h from libbonobo in turn includes headers from
the idl directory of bonobo-activation, and I have to include
bonobo-activation on my pkg-config line, even though libbonobo-2.0.pc does
say "Requires: bonobo-activation-2.0".

Is there a simple way to fix this? Perhaps an option to tell pkg-config that
the variable you are fetching has the kind of transitive semantics that
Cflags and Libs do? Or we could just go nuts and add IDLflags.

Or we could just shout "API freeze" and leave it alone.

    -- Darin