Re: GNOME CVS: libglade jamesh

jacob berkman wrote:

On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 18:06, James Henstridge wrote:

jacob berkman wrote:

On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 23:10, Gnome CVS User wrote:

* doc/Makefile.am: remove update-libglade crack, as it breaks the
distcheck.

how does it break distcheck?  is it only on automake 1.5?  it works fine
for me with the update-libglade "crack" with automake 1.4p5.

You added update-libglade to the EXTRA_DIST variable, which is a non existant file (nor any rules to build it, or reasons to include it in the tarball). When doing a make distcheck, it tried to copy the file to the distdir, but failed, which caused the failure.

oh - i guess i forgot to add it to .PHONY.  does the attached patch
work?

Don't see any patch, but having it listed in EXTRA_DIST is what breaks things, as there is no file to distribute.

Is there any reason not to simply run "make" before "make dist"?

because this is immensly broken?  is there a legit reason /to/ run make
before make dist?

And the fact that so many modules couldn't build without an initial "make" doesn't count as a valid reason? I don't have a problem with adding these rules if it doesn't break anything, but I consider being able to build packages to put on ftp.gnome.org more important than nightly snapshots.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/