Re: [gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME userenvironmentbrainstorming
- From: Glynn Foster <glynn foster ireland sun com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: glynn foster sun com, Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>, Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik sun com>, nautilus-list eazel com, gnome-love gnome org, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-love] Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME userenvironmentbrainstorming
- Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 20:40:09 +0100
Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com> writes:
> > This sparks the question - What should be in the default panel as
> > regards numbers/types of panels, launchers and applets?? and at the
> > end of the day, who decides?? ;)
> At the moment, Red Hat and Ximian change it all around so decide for
> those versions, and George decides for the original GNOME version.
That seems sensible....if only the maintainer were :P
In seriousness, I think it should be reviewed...as much as I like the
fish, putting it instead of the logout button is probably not the
best solution :/
> > I know this is all hardcoded into the panel source code at the moment
> > but this won't be the case in the future. Ain't that right George?
> > :)
> It would be nice to avoid hacking source to change this default. ;-)
Or even having to copy over previously configured panel files before the
panel starts up....
] [Thread Prev