Re: [gnome-love] New feature

> > [As an aside: Back in 1987 RISC OS had a panel (Task Bar) and windowing
> > system very similar to GNOME's today, and way before W95 came out with
some
> > similar stuff (remember this is in the days of W3.1).  We share some
common
> > philosophies and I think it would be worth it for some GNOME UI people
> > check out the RISC OS Styleguide.]
>
> Can you give us some URLs?

Some random links from Google are listed below.  Many more are available by
performing simple searches.  As previously mentioned I believe there is much
of value in RISC OS' GUI that we can make use of in GNOME.

Some general info and a few screenshots from some user's site:
http://www.geocities.com/~banksp/Power/Acorn/RISCOS.html

More GUI-design-centric info: (Be sure to follow the links to projects to
build RISC OS-like GUIs for Unix under "The Future" at the bottom of the
article):
http://www.vinc17.org/acorn/riscos_eng.html

A few additional sites for screenshots etc:
http://www.phardy.karoo.net/shots/ [See RISC OS 4 Screenshots]
http://www.arcsite.de/magazin/software/riscos/  [German but has screenshots
including one demonstrating drag-saves]
http://www.riscos.com
http://www.riscos.org/links.html

The RISC OS Styleguide:
I couldn't find the Styleguide online but I have a print copy that's a few
years old (yet has some good stuff in it).  I will send it to the first
person who emails me back and who will take a genuine look at it to try and
find those things of value to the GNOME project.

Pre-styleguide guidelines (i.e. quite old now but still has a few things of
worth):
http://www.pinknoise.demon.co.uk/Docs/Arc/Apps/AppGuide.html

Luke Hutchison.