Re: Moniker implementations in Gnome 2.0

Hi,

	Mime sniffing is not a feature that we have access to inside the
libbonobo dependency tree, and yet it is something that is not only built
into the stream interface, but extremely useful. Consequently we need to
implement it higher up the platform, and still leave libbonobo
unencumbered by pointless dependencies.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Duncan Mak wrote:
> With parts of the monikors implementation in libgnome, does that mean
> libgnome is now a bonobo dependency?

	No.

> Does it mean bonobo isn't feature completel on its own (with
> libgnome)?

	No.

	Of course, what is feature complete ? is libbonobo feature
complete without bonobo-config ? yes, and no. Is libbonobo feature
complete without evolution, and the 'mail:' moniker ? yes and no.

> I'm a bit confused,

	Regards,

		Michael.