Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:

> bonobo-config is using monikers and the PropertyBag interface, so
> evolution will not depend on any special database backend. It would be
> even possible to use the "gconf:" moniker ;-)

excuse this stranger for butting in, but in case the above paragraph
is serious: read up on interface design.  try to remember what the
"mechanism not policy" mantra really means (I'll help: it means "fuck
uniformity, I'm afraid of making policy decisions").

--
programmer, n:
        A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate