Re: gtkhtml2: what, where, who .-)

On 21 Jun 2001 17:21:34 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > Depends upon what gnome-libs will be: will it be "only" a collection of
> > the main modules (libgnome, libgnomeui etc.) or something more
> > integrated?
> IMVHO:
> 	* there is no such things as gnome-libs. That module is *DEAD*.

That's clear, therefore I do ask, under which bridge are we now
collecting the gondoles of the GNOME libraries? Won't there be a central
"package" where the main modules are part of?

I can't imagine that you (we?) want to get 10 tarballs as the sources
for the gnome-libs target (sounds crap, doesn't it?) -- CVS might be
fine but don't forget that there are still packagers, tarball compilers
etc.

> 	* all the former parts of it are now essentially separatarelty
> 	  maintanied modules (which essentially means this won't change
> 	  for gtkhtml2)

Clear.

> 	* to be part of teh gnome base libraries it would first need to
> 	  fullfill the prerequisites (not depend on libgnome1-compat, play
> 	  nice with other libs, follow dates, etc.)

Hm, can the gtkhtml2 authors (CC'ed) enlighten me/us on the state of it?
BTW why do I get compile problems concerning gdk-pixbuf in
GdkAnimationIter being not declared in libgtkhtml/css/cssmatcher.c/.h:

In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:83,
                 from ../../libgtkhtml/graphics/htmlimagefactory.h:29,
                 from ../../libgtkhtml/layout/htmlstyle.h:29,
                 from ../../libgtkhtml/dom/core/dom-node.h:8,
                 from ../../libgtkhtml/dom/core/dom-element.h:6,
                 from cssmatcher.c:6:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkimage.h:89: parse error before
`GdkPixbufAnimationIter'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkimage.h:89: warning: no semicolon at end of
struct or union
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkimage.h:91: parse error before `}'
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkimage.h:117: field `anim' has incomplete
type

> > A html widget wouldn't be _that_ anormal for a main library platform I
> > guess -- subjectively..
> Which is still covered by it being a nice library on it's own.

Of course, I just want to know if the future gnome libs is now separated
into x libraries, for which one could need to check for each one.

PS: Why are most of you making CC'ing orgys? Simply the list is enough
for most cases, no need to CC > 10 people like in some mail on the
gconf<|>bonobo-conf(ig) "threads"..

--
kabalak / kabalak kabalak net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080