Re: Build errors again

Hi Jens,

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Jens Finke wrote:

> time (autoconf). AFAIK the --enable-platform-gnome-2 affects only the
> configure script when creating the makefiles, but I don't even have a
> configure script :-)

	Ah, you're right, what a duffer I am, forgot about that :-)

> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> ***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_TRY_DLOPEN_SELF
> **Error**: autoconf failed.

	This is indeed strange, never happened to me either with the rpm
autoconf or the one I installed separately.

	Beats me. Anyone else have any ideas ?

	Try starting from scratch, maybe ? See if gnome-common installs
in your GNOME 1.x prefix using automake, autoconf etc from your rpm
installlation for that prefix.

	Regards,

		Ravi

--
"If you're smart, you'll be humble. There always is somebody
who hasn't read a book and knows twice as much as you do."

              -- David Duchonvy in Readers' Digest

	Ravi Pratap M         <ravi che iitm ac in>
                      <http://www.iitm.ac.in/~ravi>