Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

On 15 Jun 2001, Joe Shaw wrote:

> Huh?
>
> > As for that matter:
> > 	* there is no evolution in gnome 1.4
>
> Evolution is developed against the GNOME 1.4 platform, and there have
> been 11 releases over the past year or so. It's not at 1.0 yet, but most
> GNOME apps aren't. And you could argue that some that claim to be 1.0
> aren't of "1.0 quality."

I didn't say there was no evolution 'on' or 'for' gnome-1.4 but that there
was no evolution 'in' gnome 1.4 - it is not a part of the gnome 1.4
platform.

> > 	* there is no real indication there will be any evolution in any
> > 	  product released in this millenium
>
> Well, there have been several releases in the past, and 1.0 is planned
> for sometime this year, so I dunno why you are making this assertion.

I'm just not seeing things happen in evolution space I'd like to see. But
that is a whole separate issue and does not for now belonmg in any of the
listed lists (execpt for maybe 2-0-list). So please don't follow up on any
of them.

But - even if evolution was a gnome-2.0 core component, merely the fact
that evolution used bonobo-config would still not make it anything but an
application-specific component.

> Joe

	Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly