Re: GnomeVFS depends on Bonobo now

Hi Bastien,

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > 	Do you agree ? may I do some CVS / autoconf surgery to move them
> > in there ?; clearly the 'vfs:' moniker as a whole is quite unsatisfactory,
> > and in the future we'll perhaps want to have a more stream based internal
> > structure to both the monikers and gnome-vfs storage modules, but for now
> > it seems like a quick fix to unify the two easily. And conceptualy it all
> > belongs in gnome-vfs I would suggest ?
>
> If you have vfs:// and you need to access a camera:// uri, how would
> that work ? Or have I missed something again ?

	You can do it several ways - the standard object access method
with bonobo is the moniker system - sitting on top of oaf. So to access
the camera URL as a Bonobo/Stream you would do:

	stream = bonobo_get_object ("vfs:camera://my_image",
	                            "Bonobo/Stream");

	And you get a stream interface to that image.

> Sorry chaps, maybe I just don't understand monikers, please give me
> clue.

	Please read bonobo/doc/Monikers,

	Regards,

		Michael.