Re: GnomeVFS depends on Bonobo now

Michael Meeks wrote:

Dude !

Guys ! ;)

On 27 Jul 2001, Seth Nickell wrote:

I just committed a metadata idl interface. A more "easy to use"
interface with sugar on top will be appearing soon, so this is not of
concern to most people at this time... I just wanted to give warning
that GnomeVFS now depends on Bonobo, so update your build scripts.

Maybe that's a stupid question, but I don't understand what the benefit is, because I don't understand what this does. Can you explain what this is all about for the ignorants like me ?

	In which case, may I apologise unreservedly for lambasting you on
IRC about it :-) I think you made the right call.

	The obvious point for consideration is now the file / vfs IO
monikers. I think the right place for the 'vfs:' and 'file:' monikers,
that currently live inside libgnome/monikers ( basicaly the
libmoniker_gnome_std_la_SOURCES block of code ) is inside gnome-vfs.

	Do you agree ? may I do some CVS / autoconf surgery to move them
in there ?; clearly the 'vfs:' moniker as a whole is quite unsatisfactory,
and in the future we'll perhaps want to have a more stream based internal
structure to both the monikers and gnome-vfs storage modules, but for now
it seems like a quick fix to unify the two easily. And conceptualy it all
belongs in gnome-vfs I would suggest ?

If you have vfs:// and you need to access a camera:// uri, how would that work ? Or have I missed something again ?

Sorry chaps, maybe I just don't understand monikers, please give me clue.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net