Re: PropertyBox (The return of the)

iain wrote:

> > Is that [Reset] as in 'Undo changes', or as in 'Restore defaults'.
> > And is that [Close] as in 'Apply and Close' or 'Discard and Close'.
> > It doesn't seem very clear to me.
>
> Well, seeing as everything gets applied instantly, that should clear up
> the close problem. It closes, just like it says.

Then I think [OK] would be clearer than [Close], given that it is
commonly understood to mean 'Yes, I am happy, and I've finished with
this'. [Close] suggests [Cancel] to some people.

This might not a be problem if it is *obvious* that all changes are
applied instantly. How would you make it clear to people that their
changes are being applied in real-time?

> Reset, I'm not so sure about, I'd have had it as Undo changes, but
> really, it's up to the implementer, so there should probably be
> something in the guidelines for it.

Then users will get inconsistent behaviour and will not know what it
actually does. I suggest that you rename it to [Undo Changes]. Will the
PropertyBox provide this automatically or will coders need to create
their own method of serializing widget data?