Re: autoconf 2.50b ... ?

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> what do you think about updating the GNOME 2 platform to use
> autoconf 2.50b ?

Well, the position I _hope_ we could take is:

 * It's great if someone submits patches to make packages
   work with autoconf-2.50 as well.

 * We won't require autoconf 2.50 for now

Because the number of problems I've seen with people upgrading to
autoconf and it not working with GTK+/GNOME makes me think that
requiring people to upgrade will cause sigificant problems with other
packages that haven't made the upgrade.

I don't know if this is possible -- I don't know if the common subset
of stuff that works with both traditional autoconf and the
latest-version is large or small.

Regards,
                                        Owen