Re: killing more lists

<quote who="Havoc Pennington">

> So at least one person was opposed to most other list merges, but can
> we at least kill gnome-2-0-list? GNOME 2.0 is a desktop release.

On further thought - and whilst I think versioned list names are pretty
silly - a single list for developer discussion of the release is quite
handy, and certainly high volume at release time.

I'd suggest a non-versioned GNOME release list for hackers, porters and
information dispersal (gnome-release ?) to complement the (hopefully)
integrated desktop-devel and gnome-libs-devel lists for deeper, more
specific technical discussion.

It's a different kind of traffic and noise.

- Jeff

--
          "And up in the corporate box there's a group of pleasant
   thirtysomething guys making tuneful music for the masses of people who