Re: PATCH: foobar clock widget

fre 2001-12-14 klockan 17.32 skrev Dennis M. Cranston:
> Mikael -
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.  But, I have to disagree. The menu panel is
> a different type of panel.  It always contains Applications, Actions,
> the Clock, and Tasks.  The goal of the menu panel is to provide average
> users with a familiar panel layout.  If you don't like the menu panel
> then you shouldn't use it.  You could replace it with an edge panel at
> the top of your screen.  BTW, you stated that the clock applet is better
> than the hard coded clock in the foobar.  But, who is the clock applet
> better for?  I don't think it is better for the average user.

I'm using the foobar because I like the idea of having the menues there,
if someone makes the menues available as applets (not the current
footmenu) I can use them.

So, what I'm saying is that I want that feature but doesn't want to be
forced to choose what type of clock I want just because I want the
menues.

About the clock applet, I think that having the date displayed in the
clockapplet is worse for anyone, this can be turned of if the user
doesn't like it. The hardcoded clock in foobar doesn't have an option
for date.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/