Re: gnome-properties.

fflewddur <fflewddur dropline net> writes:
> well, i managed to get a basic display up for the cpuload applet, and
> now i'm moving the preferences away from gnome-config.  havoc, is there
> a particular place where applets should store settings under gconf?  i
> was going to use /desktop/gnome/applets/multiload.  thanks,

It shouldn't be /desktop/gnome - /desktop/gnome is for desktop-wide
settings. Apps including applets would use /apps/whatever.
/desktop/gnome is for the control center and libgnomeui for example.

However applets are more complex - they're going to get a per-instance
config prefix from the panel. I don't think the panel has implemented
this yet for GNOME 2.

Havoc