fuzzy thinking ...

        There seems to be a consensus that absolutely loads of mail on a
list is in some way good.

        May I put the opposite point - eg. mail on gtk-devel often remains
unanswered for long periods. Bug reports and patches posted there are
often ignored - they have to be put in bugzilla etc. etc.

        I try to read and reply where appropriate to every mail on
gnome-components-list and orbit-list, if these disappear into some 'one
big mailing list' morass - then either:

        a) A considerable amount of my time will be wasted reading
           unrelated mails.
        b) People will get their questions ignored and not answered

        So please - do not fiddle with either of these lists, which both
work well, even if they do not meet up to some arbitrary new standard of
bulk mailing.

        I would rather have occasional cross posting of mail overlapping
several lists, than a continual bombardment of irrelevancy that I can no
longer read.

        Regards,

                Michael.