Applets-a-go-go!

Hi all,

We need to decide which applets will be in the GNOME 2.0 Desktop release,
and which we'd prefer to leave to a separate package, or the Big Maintainer
in the sky.

[ We also need to determine who is responsible for the gnome-core and
gnome-utils 2.0 packages, given that much of the current work has been done
by non-maintainers. ]

The following categories might be useful:

  a) Absolute requirement as a core component of the Desktop release

  b) Useful for inclusion as a utility in the Desktop release

  c) Worth shipping in a separate gnome-applets package

  d) Feed to wanda

Firstly, some obvious ones for category A:

  clock (note: non-plural)
  desk-guide
  tasklist
  fish (oh, come on!)

Please comment on which applets belong to which category, and the gnome-core
maintainers and porters (or, in the case of a foundation-list style
controversy, the release team) can have the final word on what goes in.

[ this would be a good first discussion on desktop-devel ;) ]

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
          "One World, one Web, one Browser." - Microsoft promotion
             "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer." - Adolf Hitler